Switzerland-Brazil Call 2022
Deadline15 Jun 2022
The innovation promotion agency of Brazil (Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa e Inovação Industrial – EMBRAPII) with the support of Apex-Brasil and the Swiss Innovation Agency – Innosuisse announce the 3rd edition of the TechMakers Brazil-Switzerland joint call to fund science-based innovation projects between Switzerland and Brazil.
The joint call 2022 focuses on research and development ranging from experimental proof of concept to technology demonstrated in a relevant environment, leading to innovative solutions, which are considerably differentiated from comparable existing solutions in the market in terms of their functions, parameters or other features. They shall provide added economic, societal or environmental values, which have a significant market potential in Brazil and Switzerland.
The call is open for all scientific disciplines; however, projects in the following topics are particularly appreciated:
- Biotech; Medtech
- Agriculture and food production
- Digitalisation; Industry 4.0
- Advanced materials
- Information and communication technologies
- Cleantech; Clean energy & water
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Innovation and creativity (social, technical, cultural)
All proposals must meet the following eligibility criteria to be qualified for evaluation (among others):
– The project consortia must include at least one business entity from each country, one research institute accredited by EMBRAPII as “EMBRAPII unit” and one research institute from Switzerland.
– The participation of further research organizations and further commercial companies from both countries according to each country’s funding regulations is welcome.
– The eligibility for funding of research organizations and commercial companies must comply with the regulations of their respective country
For more details on eligibility criteria, click here.
The applications have to be in line with the rules of EMBRAPII and Innosuisse. Each country will fund their eligible participants according to its national procedure and funding rules.
Funding conditions and eligibility criteria may vary between Brazil and Switzerland. However, the bilateral joint cooperation between the partners and its added value is an important aspect to be considered within the evaluation.
For guidelines and detailed information on the call, please click here.
DisciplineScientific disciplines and fields of research relevant to the topics, including social sciences and humanities.