Indo-Swiss Joint Research Programme Call for Proposals 2021
Deadline30 Nov 2021
In the context of the Indo-Swiss Joint Research Programme (ISJRP), the SNSF, the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) in India and the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) are issuing a call for Joint Research Projects (JRPs).
The call supports research and projects in two different fields of research, one under the Ministry of Earth Sciences in India (MoES) and one under the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR). Under the MoES, the overarching topic of the call is “Mountain research, with a focus on glaciers or climate research”. The proposal must fall under one of the following subtopics:
- Glaciers as climate archives
- Cryospheric modelling
- Forecasts for heavy rainfall/cloudburst
- Multi-risk early warning systems
- Orographic cloud and precipitation formation
- Aerosols from mountainous ecosystems to act as cloud condensation nuclei and ice nucleating particles.
Under the ICSSR, research topics in the field of social sciences as follows:
- International Migration and Immigration Policies
- Technology, Social Media and Social Cohesion
- Heritage and Cultural Exchange in Global Age
- AI, Big Data and Social Science
Proposals outside of the thematic areas defined above are not eligible.
Each proposal for a JRP must have at least one main applicant based in Switzerland and one main applicant based in India; they will be the principal investigators on the Swiss and Indian side, respectively. Further applicants based in Switzerland and/or India can also participate in a JRP.
Funding: The maximum permissible budget for a project is CHF 350,000 for four years and CHF 250,000 for three years. The duration of the JRPs under the MoES topics is 3 to 4 years and JRPs under the ICSSR topics for 3 years.
For guidelines and detailed information on the call, please see here.