Bootcamp Future of Food 2024
Deadline31 Jan 2024
InstitutionLH Latin America
Swissnex in Brazil, in partnership with the Leading House for Latin America, announced the Future of Food Bootcamp Researcher Grant. It allows for the integration of the next generation of scientists in international collaboration, helps to build new networks through personal contacts and mutual trust, and makes partnerships more sustainable. We encourage Swiss researchers to boost their studies with a stay and fieldwork in Brazil!
This call explicitly targets researchers (PhD students, postdoc students, senior researchers, professors, etc.). It allows for the integration of the next generation of scientists in international collaboration, helps to build new networks through personal contacts and mutual trust, and makes partnerships more sustainable. The Program will provide connections with Brazilian ecosystems, research centres, universities, mentors, and experts from the food sector, as well as meetings with potential partners.
Starting on 8 April 2024 and closing on 19 April 2024, the program will integrate all sorts of interactions with the ecosystem and have the possibility to participate in relevant innovation events (Anuga Select Brazil, 9-11 April 2024; WebSummit Rio, 15-18 April 2024).
- You are a researcher affiliated with a Swiss university in any scientific discipline within the theme.
- Researchers of Swiss federal and cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, universities of teachers’ education, and public research institutions are entitled to apply.
- Research institutions in Switzerland must be accredited by swissuniversities.
- A researcher can apply to this call regardless of their nationality
- You have a connection with the focus areas: Regenerative Agriculture, Alternative Proteins, Precision Fermentation, Digital Agriculture, and Food Waste. (Contact them if you are interested in another field).
- No specific project is required to apply.
The Leading House Grant for the Bootcamp will cover the following costs:
- Local costs (including accommodation in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, main meals on weekdays, local transportation during the program, and flight from Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro)
- Tickets for the events (ANUGA Select Brazil and Web Summit Rio).
- Flight from Switzerland to Brazil and back (up to 2.000 CHF to be reimbursed upon receipt)
DisciplineScientific disciplines and fields of research relevant to the topics, including social sciences and humanities.